game show fun

My friend Vin posted this on Facebook and I watched this while having milk tea at Gong Cha. Bad idea because suppressing laughter while trying not to blow the milk tea from my nose was a very tough thing to do lol!  



But having played in game shows before, I can somewhat relate to the contestants because iba ang pressure pag ikaw ang nandun compared to just watching it on TV and answering in the comfort of your own couch! Syempre you want to be the first to press the buzzer and give the right answer. Lucky if you're able to do just that, but in some cases, either you end up not being able to answer at all (mental block!) or you say something really silly.

I played in a lot of game shows during my radio days (game shows were aplenty then) and twice I had a shot at winning a million pesos: one was on Game K N B circa Edu Manzano, and the other was in Singing Bee with my fellow djs Nicole Hyala of 90.7 Love Radio and Mr. Fu who was then with Energy FM.

That's me in the middle, wearing shorts, and yes, the smallest of all the contestants :D

In Game K N B, during the million peso round, I was asked to name box-office Hollywood actors whose names began with the given letters: C, A, S, G, I, and T. I'm a movie buff and that should have been a really easy question! BUT. I blanked out and was able to name only two! That I was having a migraine attack did not help any. The awful part is that I knew all the right answers, pero nasagot ko na lang siya sa sarili ko nung NUNG TAPOS NA YUNG SHOW. Hahaha :)

Champion bees! Billie, Nicole Hyala, and Mr. Fu

Meanwhile, in Singing Bee, we were the defending champion for the third straight episode. We were taping the shows all in one night and maybe I got overwhelmed or was tired, but when I faced off with a stand-up comedian as our group's representative, na-waley na naman ako. Hindi ko malilimutan yung kanta: Gimme More by Britney Spears! I love Britney that even Michael was surprised I wasn't able to name the title. 

I guess it only means one thing: hindi ko pa panahon maging milyonaryo noon! Hahaha :) This time, I claim it! Money come to mama!

Comments

Popular Posts