las casas filipinas de acuzar, bataan

And just like that, it's 2015! Time sure has been fast - I haven't even recovered from December yet, and here's January barging in on me already.

Let me backtrack a bit and write about some of the events that took place last month, starting with Michael's birthday! He actually had a two-day hosting gig which was too good of an opportunity to pass up on, as it was for the Heads Up Frisbee Open which was going to be held at Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar all the way in Bataan. The good news is that he was allowed to bring company, and so Sloan and I were able to tag along!




I had been reading a lot about Las Casas and so I was definitely psyched to visit the place. I'm happy to say it did not disappoint: the houses were lovely and the facilities weren't too shabby either. But the best part about it all was the view: the mountains, the ocean, and the river all made for a scenic backdrop for the heritage houses and cobblestone streets, as well as the statues that depicted Filipino games and traditions. The houses, apparently, were transferred to Las Casas from their original locations and then restored.




The place is pretty huge but they have golf carts and jeepney shuttles that can take you around. But then, I strongly suggest walking instead so you can explore the place and really take in the view.

I love that they offer tours, cultural performances, and even workshops. There's even a place where you can dress up in traditional Filipino attire and have your pictures taken. But of course, I wasn't able to take part in any of those because I had to be with Sloan every second, and the boy wanted to be in the water every second lol. But I didn't mind at all. It was a great bonding opportunity for me and my boy, and I'm really thankful because he enjoys my company as much as I do his.




Of course, we'd also drop by Michael's spot at the event every now and then. Bilang birthday niya, syempre pagbigyan naman natin diba. Haha!




I'm really glad we got to go on this mini-holiday and enjoy this gem of a place for Michael's birthday. #happythankyoumoreplease :)

Comments

Popular Posts