how do you block in real life?

"___________ has been blocked. We're sorry you had this experience." These were the words that appeared in the dialogue box that popped up, right after I blocked someone on Facebook.

A lump immediately formed in my throat and my eyes started to water. I wasn't just blocking on Facebook - I was cutting ties with someone I love, but have always had a very rocky relationship with. He has done something to break my heart yet again, and I have decided that that was the final straw.

Not that I ever expected much from him - he has proven over the years that other people's feelings aren't top priority. But if he was going to crush me again and again, then I have to do what I can to protect myself. If the simple act of blocking him on Facebook will keep me sane, then so shall it be.

I smiled defeatedly as I read what Facebook had to say. "We're sorry you had this experience." Oh Facebook, if only I could tell you all about it! But obviously I can't. I appreciate the apology though - weirdly I find it comforting. It's like someone gives a shit about the fact that I'm feeling shitty right now.

To close the dialogue box, I had to click the button that said "Okay", so I did. But I wasn't okay. If only blocking the hurt was as easy as clicking a button.




Comments

Popular Posts