Sloan is seven!

Seven! Sloan is seven years old! Man, time sure flew by quickly. I can't believe my baby is now this big - like literally, he's up to my chin already lol. And in the weeks leading up to his birthday, he marked a lot of milestones - he started bathing by himself, he lost a baby tooth for the first time, he learned how to ride a bike, and, well, he got chicken pox haha. It's been a treat watching him grow and thrive, but at the same time, I find myself wanting to go back to those days he was a still a tiny baby that I could carry in my arms.

Huhuhu.

Okay, enough with the mushy, sentimental stuff lol. I've always envisioned throwing a big birthday bash for Sloan's 7th birthday. We don't really do big parties and usually just have a day out with family on special occasions, but since it was a milestone birthday, not to mention I got quite, uhm, inspired (lol) by all the big parties I see people throw, I thought we could veer away from the usual. Sloan, however, wasn't up to it.

All he wanted was that we bring food and a cake for his classmates in school, and to go to the trampoline park with his playmates and his cousins. I egged him to invite more people for the latter, but he was worried people won't know each other and he might not be able to attend to everyone. Hahaha! My sweet kid!

One other thing he asked for was this True Heroes military plane, which he saw at the toy store. Of course, Michael and I had already planned on giving him that, but we gave no hint whatsoever, and instead emphasized the value of patience. Haha! As such, he was extremely ecstatic when he finally got it! See his reaction for yourself in this vlog about Sloan's two-part birthday bash:

Comments

Popular Posts