A good day

Today was a big day for me.

I was scheduled for a follow-up consult with my doctor after last Monday's excision biopsy. This is my third time to undergo such a procedure, but of course, it's never easy waiting on the results because you never when you might be in for some bad news that starts with a capital C. In an effort to keep myself calm, I focused on recovery, finished two chapters of the biography side gig I'm working on, and planned my day out.

The latter involved going to the bank for some account concerns, getting Sloan's and my passport at the DFA Office in Megamall, and going to The Medical City for my biopsy results and check-up. It's rare that I can get to step out of the house, so I wanted to squeeze in as many errands as I can.

The bank visit was a breeze so was the ride to Megamall. Unfortunately, things got a bit sour when I got to the mall. Security personnel were asking mall-goers to sign up to the Mandaluyong contact-tracing app called Manda Track, which suspiciously has the current mayor's initials highlighted (ugh). The app asks for some sensitive details that I wasn't comfortable sharing, so I approached the guy in charge to ask about it. He told me that signing up to the app was the local government's mandate and SM was just following orders. I countered that they should have asked how data would be handled as a way of also protecting their customers. 

While I did not yell, I was a bit cross. I could have handled the situation better. After all, he was just doing as he was told and it was not his fault that their management did not properly train them to handle queries. I don't know, I guess my distrust of many people in the government led me to be wary about how my data will be handled, especially with the elections coming up. Apart from that, my nerves were also on the edge due to my impending hospital visit. 

Sigh. 

I ended up signing up anyway because I had no choice.

There was no line at DFA so getting our passports was quick and easy. After that, I went around the mall a bit but quickly lost interest knowing that I wasn't going to buy anything, committed as I was to my no-clothes-shopping resolution. In fairness naman sa 'kin, wala talaga akong binili na kahit ano lol. Nag-lunch na lang ako.

Then... moment of truth at the hospital. First stop: Ambulatory Care for the biopsy result.  I didn't realize that I was holding my breath in as I waited for the envelope to be handed to me, until I pulled out the paper and out came a long sigh of relief as I saw the result. Benign! I was giddy and teary-eyed, but I kept the good news to myself in the meantime. I wanted my doctor's confirmation first before updating friends and family.

It didn't take long before I got it. I was all smiles as my doctor explained the results to me. She asked a few questions, checked my wound's healing, and set the date for our next meeting. With that, I finally sent out messages, booked a ride, and went home.

Overall, it was a good day. I'll take the win. 

Comments

Popular Posts