walter mitty + eat, pray, love


We recently caught The Secret Life of Walter Mitty on the big screen and I'm really happy I got to see it. Or that I got to see a movie at all haha! With the loaded schedule we both keep, Mike and I are rarely able to go on movie dates and have missed out on many supposedly fantastic/fun films, like Frozen. Hindi tuloy ako maka-relate sa mga viral videos, quotes, and comments about the Disney movie at hindi ko ma-appreciate ang Do You Want to Build A Snowman nor its Filipino version!

I digress. So minsan na nga lang makapanood, I’m glad that we were able to watch a movie that really resonated with us (not to mention one that also helped with relief efforts for Typhoon Yolanda). I like how the story and treatment were actually quite simple and yet it was able to bring home the message of how you should go out there and do what your heart tells you and experience an adventure you’ve always daydreamed about, so you can really live. “Busy” is always gonna be there and we will miss out/settle/compromise possibly more times than we would like. This is why adventures and doing the things we love is important. We all need that in our lives. We have to make time for it.

Anyways. It seems pretty apt that after seeing Walter Mitty, I’m reading Eat, Pray, Love right now.


Dai gave me a copy after finding out that I haven’t read it yet, and so far I’m loving it. It seems to have a similar theme of soul searching and finding meaning in life as Walter Mitty and it delights me how the movie and book are both somewhat aligned with this zen state I am in (see previous post).

On that note, spot.ph compiled a great list of soul searching movies. Many of the titles they included are favorites of mine, and I’m excited to check out the others which I haven’t seen yet. Hopefully Mike and I can find the time.

No, scratch that. We will make time.

Comments

Popular Posts