starting over again


Ang ganda ng Starting Over Again! Panoorin nyo!

Haha! Ako na ang fan :D When the Star Cinema movie’s trailer came out some weeks ago, I already knew that I wanted to watch it. Thankfully, Annej agreed to see it with me and so on a very rare night out since becoming mommies, we headed to Eastwood to catch Piolo Pascual and Toni Gonzaga in the movie directed by Olive Lamasan.


And we both loved it! The production, the editing, and the acting were great. Toni gets extra snaps for being so awesome at comedy, and Piolo was… well, Piolo is Piolo, enough said. The Mama Mary-lookalike Iza Calzado and the funny Beauty Gonzales also get snaps. The scoring was fantastic and it’s good that they didn’t overuse the song. Oh, and I loved how Sun Life was subtly promoted – classy, hindi hard sell haha!

I like how the movie had a happy ending, albeit not your usual Pinoy movie-happy ending. It was indeed all about starting over again, but in a different light. I have to admit that some scenes reminded me of the past, specifically when Marco confronted Ginny about why she left him before, and when Ginny needed to find closure.

Years ago, I used to think I needed closure, and that I needed answers to my questions. But then it started to not matter anymore, and I’m glad I found the strength and wisdom to move on from that. The thing is, every time I look at my boys and realize how happy and lucky I am, I understand.

Why did things turn out the way they did? Because Mike. Because Sloan.


And that is all the explanation I need :)

Yes, we need closures. But sometimes, closing a chapter in our lives does not have to rely on other people and the answers we will get from them. It can come from our own acceptance that things did not work out simply because they weren’t meant to, and because there is something better in store for us. Such closure can only come from within, and the sooner we recognize that, the sooner we can start over again.

And then we can sit back, smile, and bask in the warmth of the sun ala-Ginny! Kahit pa hindi natin kamukha si Mama Mary like Patty hahaha :D

And with that, sabayan natin si ateng Lani Misalucha sa pag-kanta!


Comments

  1. "Yes, we need closures. But sometimes, closing a chapter in our lives does not have to rely on other people and the answers we will get from them. It can come from our own acceptance that things did not work out simply because they weren’t meant to, and because there is something better in store for us. Such closure can only come from within, and the sooner we recognize that, the sooner we can start over again." I so can relate to this Len! :) very well said. Such beautiful meaning . Deep sigh... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naku arglene, may ikekwento ka ba sakin? :D haha :) i think it takes a great amount of courage to move on and maturity to understand why things happened they they did. i'm glad we're on the same page on that kaya apir! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts