go catch "kung paano ako naging leading lady"

A few weekends ago, Michael and I caught the staging of the musical “Kung Paano Ako Naging Leading Lady” at the PETA Theater in Quezon City. The play is based on a one-act play by Carlo Vergara, who, incidentally, is a former officemate of Mike’s at Summit. Carlo also wrote the Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah books, which Mike and I both enjoyed immensely, and so we had high hopes for  Leading Lady.

The verdict? It delivered, and how!


The play lasted three hours long, and at first I was worried that sleepyhead me might end up yawning and dozing off in the middle of it all. But we were thoroughly entertained from start to finish, and I had no time to entertain thoughts of sleep as I laughed my head off.
 
The cast – from lead stars Frenchie Dy and Kim Molina, down to the ensemble – were all fantastic. The use of the stage was excellent. The songs were hilarious (my favorite would have to be Chemical Q. Lol!). I wish I could give the play justice by writing a spectacular, bonggaly (hahaha)-worded review, but alas, that is not my strength.

Suffice to say that I highly recommend watching Leading Lady! While you're at it, also go catch Rak of Aegis (if you haven’t yet, or maybe watch it again). It will have another run in June, also at PETA. Go catch both and let's support all the artists coming out with such sensational stuff!

On a related note, I chanced upon Carlo Vergara’s blog and he mentioned that he’s working on the next installment of the Zsa Zsa books. I am definitely looking forward to that! 


On an unrelated note, Mike I and watched the play with both of us wearing denim jackets. We didn't really plan to go matchy-matchy, but those were the only jackets we had in the car, and we thought we'd bring in case we got cold inside the theater. Which we did. So di bale nang cheesy, at least di naman giniginaw haha.

Comments

Popular Posts