snail mail love

One of the highlights of my trip to Canada early this year is how I got to send postcards to a lot of family and friends in different parts of the world. I originally had only three people in mind that I wanted to send snail mail to, but I guess I was really excited about being in the western hemisphere for the first time that I purchased too many postcards LOL. And so via Facebook I asked who were interested in receiving something in the mail.


To my surprise, so many people expressed interest. I had a lot of messages in my inbox and that got me so giddy! In the end, I actually had to buy more postcards. In Montreal, I purchased some from a jolly Canadian man who happily shared that he was a former pilot who used to fly to Manila a lot. It was such a pleasure chatting with him - unfortunately, we didn't get to properly introduce ourselves and so I wasn't able to get his name.

Anyways. It’s always such a suspense waiting for my postcard to make it to the intended recipient, but a few months later, the Facebook and Instagram tags/posts started coming in. Here are a few of the posts:




It sure was fun doing this! I have no trips planned just yet, but whatever my next destination will be, a stop at the post office to send postcards will definitely be a part of my itinerary.

Comments

Popular Posts