whizzing by



2015 seriously just whizzed by, the last three months at extra fast speed at that. The other day when I was cleaning my desk at work, I noticed that my desk calendar was still at October - I had been so busy I didn't manage to update it nor turn the page. My planner's the same, drawing blank pages in the last few months of the year.

For a while there, it felt like Christmas was just going to pass me by. Thankfully, I've been able to come up for air these past few days, as we wrapped up the last string of activities at work. Sloan is now on Christmas vacation, while Michael, who was away a lot as part of a presidential campaign team, is also on break. There's bound to be some quality family time in the next couple of weeks, and I am very much excited about that.

Of course, with 2015 coming to a close, it's inevitable that I would wax sentimental about how the year has been like for me. I thought of enumerating all the highs and lows, but suffice to say that for both Mike and I, there were a lot of victories and a few struggles - all of which, in the end, affirmed that we are right where we need to be, and that we're well positioned to have a rosy new year.

I loved 2015 in its loud moments that had us cheering and raising our fists in the air, and I also loved it in the quiet moments of reflections and epiphanies. Some realizations: it was a really, really good year; we've been pretty darn lucky; we're very much happy; and we're absolutely ready for more.

And so, 2016, let's do this! :)



Comments

Popular Posts