Why hello there, 2021

 So. A new year.

I was one of those eager to get 2020 over with, given all the challenges that came with it. While I recognize that I generally had it good given the circumstances, it was just so frustrating to see the pandemic being handled so terribly by those in charge, who are seemingly clueless yet at the same time proud of their imaginary progress. Like, what progress?! I cannot help but be envious whenever I see news about Taiwan, Vietnam, and New Zealand where life is practically back to normal. 

With the vaccine coming (fingers crossed) soon, my hopes are high that the situation will improve. My one wish is that my son would be able to have a bit more freedom and enjoy outdoors the again as he used to. The situation is taking a toll on him but he's been such a good sport through it all. For one, he's not a big fan of virtual classes but he's being very patient with it. He has also developed a new skill: playing the guitar - much to Michael's delight. I have to admit it's pretty cool how he can now play some songs, and how he likes bands like Radiohead, Nirvana, and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, which are from our generation. He's been putting our CD player to good use, listening to the albums from Michael's collection.

Sloan's growing up so fast. He's now 10, as tall as me, and with the same shoe size as Michael. The changes are not just physical - he's also acting a bit more mature now. When he learned that I will be undergoing a procedure a week from now and that he might be sent to Laguna as I may not be able to attend to him, he said, "I can cook naman, Daddy. I can make pancit canton. I can cook eggs, hotdogs, and pasta."

Aww <3

Speaking of the procedure, a back story...


Now back to the present.

The cyst that my doctor has been monitoring has grown, and she said it would be best to take it out. I tried haggling for an extended monitoring period since I wasn't really looking forward to another procedure - my third to be specific. However, no dice. And since the cyst is near a bone, it cannot be taken out through mammotome and would have to be done through excision. 

I didn't expect to be starting out the year by going under the knife. I am thankful though to have the resources I need (HMO, mainly) to address this health concern.

I will probably write about that later on, because I've made it a goal to try and write more personal stuff this year. Let's see how long how I can stick to it. Wish me luck. And good luck with sticking to your own resolutions as well. Happy new year, you.



Comments

Popular Posts