Two resolutions


For year 2021, I made made two resolutions for myself. One has to do with health and the other with wealth. It's only been a month and a half, but I'm quite proud of how I'm faring so far. 

I have successfully avoided shopping for clothes, despite having been to the mall a number of times. Even the items I have added to card have remained un-purchased. It's been super tempting, but at the same time, it's quite empowering to know that I can actually hold off on shopping lol. Hopefully I manage to be consistent with this.

As for the second resolution... well, this was honestly a little more challenging. For one, I've gotten used to complaining how hard it is to lose weight, how I would look better in clothes if looked a certain way, and all that. I wanted to change this mindset because I think my body has handled a lot of challenges and I have to give it the credit it deserves. 

And then of course 2021 opened with the news that I had to undergo breast cyst excision once again.  When the doctor told me about it, I couldn't help but get frustrated with my body. I make an effort to exercise and while I could do with bigger servings of vegetables, my diet is generally okay. So why couldn't my body just chill?

Syempre, wala namang sagot sa tanong na ito lol. I actually tried to bargain with my doctor, asking if we can hold off on the procedure and just continue monitoring, but she advised against it. And so, yesterday, we finally went through with it.


Michael accompanied me to the hospital while his parents and nephew stayed at our place to watch Sloan. We had a quick breakfast then he saw me off at the hospital's surgery wing. The procedure took only about 45 minutes and I was awake the whole time. While there was no pain thanks to local anesthesia, I could feel all the tugging and pulling going on. It all went well, thankfully. Good job, body! <3

And, as always when I have to do anything hospital-related, I was grateful that I did not have to shell out money for it. Everything was covered by our Sun Life's HMO package, along with my Philhealth. 

Oh, speaking of which - after the surgery, I had to wait a while because apparently, the Philhealth documents were taking a while. When I told Michael about it, here's what he had to say: 


Lololol.

I am now resting at home while waiting for the wound to heal. The biopsy results will be available in a matter of days, and hopefully it will be benign, as were the ones excised previously. In the meantime, I shall enjoy this wee bit of downtime.
  

Comments

Popular Posts