Bogchi... Chippy!

And now for something totally random...

I was watching old TV commercials on Youtube to see what we can show on The Tita Playlist tonight, when I thought about searching for the ones I did back in college. Not that I was the bida or anything lol. I was just a mere extra in the two I did and I didn't exactly get screen time. 

It was a raket I did when I was in second year college and paid very little, but I was cash-strapped that time and any additional money was definitely welcome. So when my cousin's wife, Ate Joan, asked me if I wanted in on it, I immediately said yes.

One of TVCs I was an extra in was Chippy, specifically the Bogchi ad which starred The Eraserheads. It was of course exciting because they were my favorite in high school! Seeing them up close during the shoot had me starry-eyed, never mind that we didn't really get a chance to talk to them or anything during the two-day shoot.

Here's the TVC - try and see if you can catch me!

Well, did you?! Lololol! Low resolution aside, it's pretty much impossible because there was never a shot of me actually facing the camera, kaya sasabihin ko na lang lol. That's me at the leftmost side of the frame, in a green top:


Not that you can tell, right? Well, you just have to take my word for it lol. I still remember my outfit: an apple green sheer top with huge flower prints and white bootleg pants which I wore with chunky heels that perfectly matched the TVC's retro/psychedelic theme. Yeah, party party! Hahahaha!

Kung tutuusin, swerte pa ngang nahagip ako ng camera dyan. In the other one I did, a Lux Shampoo ad starring Donna Cruz, we were all just silhouettes lol. 

Right?! Lol. It's so funny because all of us extras were dressed to the nines and were all made up to look like we were worthy of being invited to Donna's special birthday celebration; yet, none of us were actually seen onscreen, not even his supposed leading man. Of course, the purpose of having warm bodies in the shoot made sense to me later on when I joined ABS-CBN and saw more of what went on behind the scenes, and more so when I became a part of Sun Life's marketing team.

It's pretty cool remembering this experience. Those were difficult times because of financial issues, but it taught me lessons on handling money plus it gives me a cool story to tell my future grandkids. "Mga apo, see that girl shakin' it right there? That's your lola, kids! Am I groovy or what?" Haha. 

So that's it for my random kwento for the day. Until the next one :P

 

Comments

Popular Posts