Resolutions update

First, an update on how I did in the two resolutions I set for myself last year.

On the goal of not shopping for clothes, it was quite easy during the first part of the year. With the Delta variant causing a new round of lockdowns and my general goal of staying COVID-free, mall trips were limited and there really was no point in shopping. Towards the end of the year however, sticking to the resolution became more of a challenge.

It started during my birthday. I thought I'd do a bit of shopping. Nothing exorbitant, just a little treat. And then cases started going down and we had a bit more freedom to go out. That got me excited about dressing up and fixing myself up, especially since I've been copped up at home for most of the year. That triggered a bit more shopping! Although, in my defense (lol), it's not like I'd go crazy - there was always this guilt that I was going against my resolution! Still, naging marupok ako don haha.

All in all, I'd say I was about 70% successful in achieving this goal. Hindi na rin masama :D I was able to beef up my savings and investment, and I am now in a better place financially than I was when I started the year. So yay me!

As for the second resolution, it was a bit harder to track because it's not a goal I can measure. There were bouts of me feeling bad about my weight and all, but I would pull back on it by reminding myself about the more important matter: that I am generally healthy amid a pandemic! I have managed to steer clear of COVID-19 three years in, although there have been other health issue like undergoing a cyst excision last year and then tonsillopharyngitis back in 2020. But overall, good job, body!

That leads me to my resolution this year: I will be focusing on health. I haven't really mapped this one out just yet, but two goals I can think of are losing weight (pa rin lolol) and improving my scores in the annual physical exam at work. Last year's result indicated high cholesterol and upper normal blood pressure, and I would like to see an improvement on that.

It's a bit of challenge considering I started 2022 with by having a minor procedure done on my back, and I am not allowed to exercise just yet while the wound is healing. Perhaps I can just use this time to write down specifics of how I will achieve this goal, para naman may direksyon ako and hindi lang basta thoughts and prayers hahaha.

So there. Wish me luck! And good luck to you too in case you have any resolutions as well. Kung may nagbabasa man nito, that is lol :P

Comments

Popular Posts