you're not gonna break my sooooul

i am a sucker for "kaya-mo-yan-don't-give-up" songs. i think it started during my early years in college: it was quite a difficult time mainly because were financially troubled. i remember there was a time when we had to submit a book report and i didn't have money to buy any of the books which our professor listed. i borrowed my classmate's book, speed-read it in a day, returned the book, then did my book report without an actual book :)

but i've always been a positive person - to the point of cheesiness na nga e hehehe. during those hard times in college, instead of letting the situation get to me, i'd always say to myself, "4 years lang 'to!" then i'd listen to songs that would remind me of how things can get better. bubblegum pop was the obvious choice - like jennifer lopez's feel so good and five's  keep on movin'.

things did get better, thankfully :) i'm 33 now, and while my taste for music has greatly widened since college, i'm a still a big fan of such kinds of songs. my current favorite is katy perry's part of me. i swear, this can get me teary-eyed (i am that mushy, yes)!

i especially love the part where she goes, "you're not gonna break my sooooul!" this may sound ironic as i am writing about keeping positive, but boy, it's such a middle-finger-up to whatever it is you're going through. i just love singing it to the top of my lungs.

so let's do that now, shall we :)


Comments

Popular Posts