finally back

around this time last week, i was at the emergency room of the medical city. it was only a few days after i got back from singapore when i got sick, starting with conjunctivitis on my left eye. then i got the colds then fever. according to the doctors, it was a viral infection. my temperature shot up to 40 degrees, i would get the chills, and i was so weak i couldn't focus on getting better. i have never been the type to let being sick get the better of me, but this one sure was one tough fight.

but the ray of sunshine in times like this is how you get to realize just how much your loved ones will go the extra mile for you. mike had his hands full playing with and watching over sloan, but he never wavered in caring for me, even getting up in the dead of night to rush me to the hospital when my body couldn't take it anymore. my sister lycel and her partner rocel kept in touch all the way from indonesia, and even assisted in the hospital bills.

now i am back in the pink of health and i am most absolutely grateful.


food tastes better again and i can actually keep it down; i now have the energy to play with my little boy; and i have also started working on some personal projects i've been meaning to do, and i look forward to doing more.

onward and upwards!

Comments

Popular Posts