cookies, please!



I am very proud to tell you all about my best friend Annej's newest venture, Cookies, Please!

Annej has always been very good in the kitchen, she's simply a natural. She has never tried baking before, but has always wanted to. In fact, every time we would talk about what an ideal life is for us, she'd say it would be being a home-based baker so she can bake goodies and spend time with aria - two of the things she loves the most.

Last December, she finally gave baking a go. She experimented on different recipes and didn't get it right at first go, but she kept at it until she finally found her groove. And man, her cookies are fantastic! I should know because I was among the taste-testers who were lucky enough to get free batches (hashtag benefits of having a bestfriend who bakes. Haha!)

Early this year, Annej decided it was the right time to get into the business. Since then, orders have been coming in and I honestly wasn't surprised because her cookies are really spectacular! I kid you not. They could put those sold in niche stores to shame.

Sometime last week, she booked her first ever cookie buffet set-up and she asked me to style it. Of course I said yes :) I love styling Sloan's birthdays and this was a good chance to bring things up a notch higher. The reservation was confirmed only a few days before the event itself, so Annej and I spent late nights working on our deliverables - she baked hundreds (!) of cookies while I worked on crafty stuff.

When we got to the event, we got a big shock when we found out that it was actually a grand press launch slash fashion fair for the brand Modess, featuring its celebrity endorser, current It girl Julia Barretto. We were like, whuuuuut!



But I'm very proud to say we rocked the gig! Annej's cookies, not surprisingly, were a big hit! The brand's executives were happy and all the guests kept coming back for more, filling their bags to the brim :) It was heartwarming to hear people praising my best friend, and also having some people go to our table and tell us that their companions were telling them about how good the cookies were!


We also got some praises for our table's setup, and syempre kinilig naman ako! This was a really fun project for me, but at the same time a big deal because of course I wanted to do my best to give justice to Annej's work :)


It was truly a special day :) The last time Annej and I collaborated on anything food-related was when we were 16, as representatives of our school to a salad-making contest. Annej came up with a kick-ass recipe for a macaroni salad which could've easily won, EXCEPT IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FRUIT SALAD MAKING CONTEST. Hahaha! :)

But, as I said on Facebook, for this event, Annej's cookies were spot on! And this just confirms how she is on the right path. It really pays to follow your heart :) She is living her dream, and piggybacking on that, I also got to tick off an item that I didn't even realize was in my bucket list :) Hurray!

Learn more about Cookies, Please! or better yet, place an order now by checking out cookiespleaseph on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I promise you won't regret it!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on that milestone Len :) I appreciate your knack for decorating since you started with Sloan birthday celebrations. You've got that talent in you and I'm sure that'll be a start of even bigger things and bookings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lene! :) Naku sana magdilang-anghel ka haha! I still have a lot to learn but I really enjoy doing this so definitely looking forward!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts