cheap thrill: flying kites


What was supposed to be a trip to Luneta Park ended up being a kite-flying session at the Quirino Grandstand. I had been wanting to check out the park because I haven't been there since I was around nine, on a field trip when I was in third grade - but since we parked just beside the Grandstand, we ended up getting sidetracked by the fun, colorful kites that people were flying. 

It looked like a lot of fun and we decided to get ourselves one and try it as well. Vendors around the grandstand sell kites for as low as P50, and are kind enough to teach you how to assemble it. While it's not rocket science, it's quite a challenge when you have an excited toddler at your side :)




Mike took the lead while I chased around Sloan who decided to run about while waiting for his dad to get our kite up in the air. When Mike was able to accomplish that, he turned over the string to Sloan, who happily watched the kite soar while running to keep it afloat. 



It was Mike's first time to fly a kite and he said it was fun. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to give it a shot myself, but we will definitely back here soon. 


There were lots of families in the Grandstand who were also flying kites, and it was nice seeing people bond over a simple joy :)

Comments

Popular Posts