2014 pan-asian bjj international open

I had this draft sitting in my dashboard for the longest time and I've actually forgotten about it. But even if it's been months since this took place, I still would like to publish it because it's about Michael getting a bronze in the 2014 Pan-Asian Brazilian Jiu Jitsu International Open!


This is the second time that Mike joined the Pan-Asian and I’ll say it again – I’m super proud of how he’s got the courage to put himself out there. Physically, there are a lot of strong competitors and many of them are years younger than he is. Mentally, it can be intimidating, especially since you're dealing with participants who come from different parts of the world, and then you have to remember everything you've learned in training.


Michael (right) with teammate Arjeg (left) and BJJ Master Fabricio (center)

This took place sometime in May, and I was actually not around for this one because I was at an out-of-town congress. I really felt bad that I missed it, but I sent him good vibes all the way from Subic, where I was attending Ad Summit Pilipinas.

I know Mike would’ve wanted a gold, but considering how he doesn’t have much free time to train as the others do, what with work and home stuff, a bronze is already a big deal. Congratulations, babe!

Comments

Popular Posts