just keep (trying to learn) swimming


I've taken up swimming!

Am I excited about that or am I excited about that? Haha! My officemates and I have been planning this for a while now, but our busy schedules just won't allow it. But after successfully wrapping up a campaign recently, we went ahead and literally took the plunge. That's our group in the photo above, I'm third from left.

There were nine of us in the first class, which was held at the pool of an officemate's condo. Our coach is national swim team member Jan Michael Chiu, who is also a part of Sun Life's triathlon team where he was our endorser Piolo Pascual's relay teammate.


He actually coaches several Sun Lifers - including our very own president and CEO, the ever athletic Ms. Riza Mantaring - and our batch is the 11th Sun Life group he's handling.

I'm guessing we are also the noisiest batch of all! What can I say? The Marketing team can be very, umm, expressive. Haha! When we were about to wrap things up, Jan asked if we had any questions, and I raised my hand to ask, "Ang galing ba namin?" Haha!

This is actually my second try at swimming lessons. The first one was years ago, a one-on-one class which I stopped attending after a few sessions. But I'd really like to learn how to swim, and this class sure looks promising, especially with our coach. We'll see. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Wow! that's definitely fun, Len. And it's really never too late to try new things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually very hesitant at first, Arglene! Haha :D I was coming up with all these excuses to not try, buti na lang makulit ang officemates ko haha! I'm very happy to share that three sessions in, I'm actually seeing a bit of progress :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts