look who's cooking!

Okay, I don't actually have a photo that you can look at, but the answer is me! I've been cooking!

Those who know me understand how this is quite a big deal. I've never been comfortable in the kitchen, and only know to do the most basic things like fry eggs, fry bacon, fry hotdogs... you get the drift. I did try some years ago to go beyond frying, but I just wasn't into it that much.


And then, Buzzfeed Tasty came along.


I randomly encountered a Buzzfeed Tasty post on Instagram - you know, those sped-up videos where they show the entire process of cooking a dish. Seeing the entire process done in just a minute somehow convinced me that cooking was actually quite easy. The "even I can do it" kind of easy. Of course, I understood that in reality, preparing all the ingredients and putting them together would take much time and effort, but still, it gave me hope that cooking was not as complicated as I imagine it to be in my head.


So I tried my first dish: Grilled Citrus Salmon with Asparagus. And this is how it turned out:




It turned out really good, if I do say so myself! As in masarap! I packed some for Michael to have for lunch at work, and I got so kilig when he texted me to compliment my cooking hahaha. 

Here's another one I cooked, which also turned out quite well: Pesto Chicken and Veggies.



Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pasta:


Meatballs with Caprese Salad:



This here's a bad photo, but this is one of my favorites: Lemon Pepper Shrimp with Broccoli for Michael and I, then Popcorn Shrimp for Sloan's baon. The little boy LOVED it.


I am still not over the fact that I cooked all these. Or that I'm cooking at all! These days I actually linger in the spice section of the supermarket, and am finding it quite exciting to plan menus. Ako ba 'to??? Lololol.

But the best part about all of this is that I no longer eat mindlessly. Before, I usually just settle for what we have in our lunch room, where it's a hit or miss if the meal will satisfy me; or I go out and buy from a nearby fastfood or resto, where I often end up overspending. I sure hope I can keep this up. Of course, every now and then, I will still go for the lunchroom or eat out, but at least that would be lessened now. Also, I like that I have a wider variety of baon options for Sloan.

Me, cooking. Whowouldathunk! Buzzfeed Tasty, you're my hero!

Comments

Popular Posts