progress report

A month after promising to "intend more, regret less," I'm happy to share that I'm making some progress, specifically on the aspect of self-care.


For starters, I'm eating somewhat healthier. I'm still cooking - woot! Hindi siya phase lang, guys! Lol. I wake up really early in the morning to prepare my and Mike's baon for work and I actually enjoy it too.  I like that I can decide early what to prepare,  and the fact that I get to save some money. Whenever I'm at work, it's always hard for me to decide what I want to eat, that I often end up unsatisfied with what I bought, not to mention I overspend as well because I buy stuff like dessert to compensate lol. Bringing my own lunch to work has definitely solved these issues. Also, my best friend Annej says this is a good way to watch what we eat because the portions are controlled.


Complementing the aforementioned is the fact that I've gotten back to exercising! Finding time to go to the gym is always a challenge, and when the month of May comes around and we start preparing for a new marketing campaign, it becomes impossible. But after launching the campaign a few weeks ago, I've been able to go at least three times a week, attending different classes at Fitness First and finally putting my membership to good use. Lunch hour would often find me in the gym, and I'd also take time during weekends to go. The best part about it is that I think I've found my groove again and actually look forward to going, as opposed to thinking of exercise as just another thing to tick off in my to-do list. I have a long way to go in terms of my goals, but yeah, let's do this! Lol.


Meanwhile, Sloan is going back to school this week and I'm going to need to prepare his snacks and lunch for school as well. From my experience in the previous school year, this can be terribly overwhelming if I don't plan ahead. And so, I went and made a menu that would be an easy reference for preparing the meals. Now that I have a menu, I could zoom in on the items I need to shop for at the supermarket. This is a really good thing, because I tend to to just grab ingredients from recipes I randomly remembers, and sometimes, I end up with a bag of mismatched ingredients lol. I should've done this a long time ago, yes, but just like exercise, it's one of those things that don't really make it atop my list of priorities. I now realize that doing these things would actually make me more efficient.

There are other things on the side that I've been doing as well, like I've been listening to music leisurely (I'm ashamed to say I often listen to music as a way to shut out noise and write at work lol). I've been planning my outfits ahead of time instead of cramming so early in the morning, I've been religiously putting on face cream every night before going to bed, and I've been spending time with Michael. Hahaha kaloka yung huli!


Of course, we're together a lot, but not like on a date or couple time, you know? Like we're often stuck in traffic together, and we're always in a hurry to go home (because Sloan). We've been making an effort to, once in a while, go have dinner and watch a movie, forgiving ourselves for going home later than usual. I mean, we need it too, right?

So there goes my progress report. Sana tuloy-tuloy :) I know I've started many times over, but I've a good feeling with this one haha. Wish me luck, mga bes!

Comments

Popular Posts