trying out slappy cakes in eastwood


Annej doing a Slappy Cakes face :D 
All-day breakfast spots seem to be the in thing these days, with places like iHop and Ally's fast gaining a following. The latest addition to such places is Slappy Cakes, which recently opened in Eastwood and in The Block, SM North Edsa.

Annej and I recently tried the branch in Eastwood.




Slappy cakes is a have-it-your-way, cook-it-yourself pancake place. you can choose the flavor of the batter, the fix-ins, the toppings, and the sauces. once you have everything on your table, you cook the pancakes yourself.

The place is nice and the staff is accommodating enough. I hope they keep that up. Meanwhile, best in blurred photography naman ako.


When our orders came, the waitress offered to teach us how to cook the pancakes, but we said keri na bilang hindi naman ito rocket science. I mean, even I can make one, so what more si Annej na di hamak na may kusina skills than me haha :)



For fix-ins, I chose mangoes while Annej went for chocolate chips. We both went for chocolate sauce, but Slappy Cakes has its own sugar syrup and mango syrup that you can use. I didn't get to try those though - sugar overload na lalo't nagpa-side order pa ko ng ice cream!

They also have savory fill-ins and other savory dishes, soups, and salads on their menu if you're not much of a sweet tooth.


Annej had fun doodling on the griddle using the batter while i enjoyed adding the fix-ins. I tried my hardest to cook perfectly round and smooth pancakes so they're pretty to look at, but Annej reminded me, "Hindi naman ge-grade-an yan!" Hahaha!

We did miss putting butter on the pancakes because they didn't serve any - not sure if they just forgot or that's really how they do it. Maybe we should have requested for it but we got all too excited about cooking hehe.




The verdict: it was okay, but nothing extraordinarily spectacular.

That you can cook the pancakes yourself is fun, but the pancakes were not as soft, fluffy, and creamy the way we like our pancakes; we actually like Pancake House's pancakes better. OKAY SO MUCH 'PANCAKE' IN ONE SENTENCE, QUOTA NA! Haha!

I'm thinking if I can bring Sloan here next time, but surely we'll have to work hard to keep his hands off the griddle lest mapaso siya. Pag-isipan ko muna haha :)

Comments

Popular Posts