three things i'm loving now




1. David Levithan’s Love is The Higher Law. I think it was Annej who first mentioned David Levithan’s name to me, as she was looking to read one of his novels. During a trip to Fully Booked, I came across his books and saw that he was the one who wrote Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, along with Rachel Cohn. I saw the movie version of that and I loved it, so I got Love is The Higher Law.

The story was about three teenagers and their lives before, during, and after 9/11 happened. At first it was hard for me to get into the story. While I know the impact of 9/11, I’m sure it’s different for someone who lives in and loves New York. To better relate to the characters, I imagined what would happen if it was a structure that’s pretty iconic and at the same time dear to me that was attacked. Eerie, but effective.

As with Nick and Norah, the story also featured male gay characters, Jasper and Peter. I like how their relationship was weaved into the story in such a “normal” manner.

The book was very philosophical and I can understand why Levithan felt the need to write this story. Dealing with something as tragic as 9/11 can be very heavy on one’s heart, and I think this book was a way for him to cope with that.

2. Bandai’s Two-in-One Cars. Mike and I bought this for Sloan, but I have to admit that we were very much interested with it ourselves! Haha :D Sorry na, mahilig pa din kami sa toys, lalo na si Mike!

This was among the sale items at Toys R Us – from P500, it’s down to around 200 na lang. I’m guessing that a lot of people find a little too pricey, what with Tomica Cars (which I also love!) only at around P170 and Hot Wheels only at P100. But this one’s really cool! Sloan’s hooked, and Mike and I are too!

Here's Sloan demonstrating how it works:



3. Watson’s hand soaps and body wash. I’m a big fan of hand soaps so I was really excited to see that Watson’s was having a Buy One Take One sale on their in house hand soaps. I got refill packs of the Milk & Honey, and Lavender & Chamomile. Both smell really good!



Since their body wash was also on sale, aba syempre avail na din ako :D The Frangipani and Green Tea one smells so good! The Green Tea too! Ako na ang mahilig sa green tea haha! I actually had a hard time choosing because all the variants smell so good. Ang tagal ko sa Watson’s kakaamoy ng mga ‘to hahaha!

Comments

Popular Posts