turning 34

On the morning of my 34th birthday, after having breakfast with my family, I attended a group exercise session called Sh’Bam at Fitness First, and ended up nearly bursting into tears in the middle of the class.

It’s pretty silly :) The instructor announced that she will be playing a track from Katy Perry, and it’s a song that’s special to her because it has a message that she wishes to impart to her daughters. Then “Firework” blasted on the speakers.


I’ve written before about how “go-for-gold, kaya-mo-yan” kind of songs get to me easily, and man, “Firework” is a really good one. I had been on an introspective mode the past few days with my birthday coming up – alam mo na, emote-emote kung kumusta ba yung naging taon ko and what else I’d like to achieve in life and all that. And, since I was getting another year older, do I still have time to achieve those?

So when the song started to play, I got pretty carried away with the lyrics that I had to look down the whole time we were dancing because the tears were thisclose to falling. Hahaha ang drama ko! Imagine the scene I would’ve caused if I actually cried!

So how was my 33rd year? It was quite a roller coaster.


I’m feeling a little ancient at 34 but I trust that there are more adventures in store for me and I’m looking forward to all those. 

I had nothing extra special planned for my birthday. I simply wanted to spend some time with the people I love and thankfully, I got to do just that. Not on my exact birthday, but everything took place during my birthday week and that’s more than enough for me.

I went on a date with my boys.


My sister and I chatted to the wee hours of the night, while her toys partied in honor of my birthday hehehe. Hardcore mga bisita, pa-yosi yosi pa!


Annej took me to Ramen Bar where my ramen craving was definitely satisfied. It was so good! We had ice cream for dessert and she gifted me with two awesome new books. This girl knows me so well!


I met up with the Corp Comm girls and though our videoke plans did not push through, the lovely dinner and the endless stories made up for it.


Of course, as always, ang lakas maka-rockstar ng Facebook pag birthday mo sa dami ng greetings. I felt a little guilty about that because I’m not very masipag when it comes to greeting people on Facebook on their birthdays. But I’m definitely thankful to those who took the time to write a message.

Here are a couple of the awesome birthday greetings.

My classmate in college Tony G. had me laughing with this post:


Feeling ko madaming gagamit ng strategy na yan next time hahaha!

Meanwhile, Jaybee, who went from being a “listener” during my radio days to being a friend, made this fantastic artwork:


Sana ganyan din kaliit yung bewang ko sa tunay na buhay! Hahaha :D 

It was a fun, albeit simple, kind of birthday. Now hello, 34! Let’s make this amazing, shall we?

Comments

  1. Funny how age makes us emotional ano and how mature we become to realize who and not what really matters in life. Glad you had a wonderful celebration. Belated happy birthday ulit Len! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay naku Lene! You know me, super babaw ng luha haha! But yes, with age comes wisdom and i'm definitely grateful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts