len loves crafts

Or "Len is Obsessed with Crafts" might be a more appropriate title!

I've really been into crafts lately and I'm glad I found something I really enjoy doing. Lately all my Youtube searches have been all about DIY craft ideas, bookstore hunts are Martha Stewart books, and window shopping for clothes in malls has been replaced by ogling over the materials at this small shop at the UP Diliman Shopping Center where I always try to see what pretty decor material I can produce with whatever item :D Plus, I often stay up late at night just working on a topiary or a rosette or a paper flower or something - even if I'm only doing those for myself! Now that's a huge proof of how much I'm enjoying myself right?

Part of me thinks that this crafts craze I have been in for a while now is partly because I miss the creative field. I love my job of course and am proud to say I can write decent press releases, advertorials, and AVP scripts on investments and insurance (things I didn't know anything about some months ago!) but I think right-brained me can never function without any creative project in my life.

This hobby has been put to good use lately, because I've been working with Annej with her cookie buffet set up. The latest project we worked on was something big and exciting: a feature on Myx's Wer U At! This is Annej's first TV exposure as a baker so I was really excited for her. Plus, my own work will get some air time too!






   



The shoot was held a few days ago at Annej's place. She baked dozens and dozens of her bestselling flavors. The Myx crew and VJ AI were very happy with the set-up, and most importantly, they loooooved the cookies! Everything in the buffet was wiped out :D

Annej's baby girl Aria waving goodbye to her new friends, the Myx crew :) The cookies have long been gone by then, as you can see in the background!
Now that I've kickstarted this hobby, I'm now looking to learn more: I'm planning to buy books, attend workshops, watch more Youtube tutorials, and work on more projects to improve my craft, have my hands get used to them, and challenge myself to see what more I can do. I don't really know what I will do with my finished products though haha :) My friend Jeosara said I should give her some paper flowers which she'll use to decorate her desk at work - I will probably take her up on that hehe. Hey, who knows, maybe someday I can find some way to earn from this too :D

I also plan to decorate our house a bit. It has occurred to me that I haven't really been paying much attention to our own place. It's comfy and all, but now I want to make it pretty! Haha :) I'll post an update once I'm able to work on that. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts