type kita

I've been a fan of the brand Popjunklove ever since I came across their works in a store at Powerplant Mall. It was a plush doll of Finn from Adventure Time, which we bought for Sloan when he turned two a year ago. I followed their page on Facebook, and was delighted to find out that Popjunklove is the brainchild of two sisters, Roma and Maan Agsalud, who are young and creative entrepreneurs.

Their brand has grown much since then and recently, they ventured into organizing the first country's first ever typography exhibit. Dubbed "Type Kita," the event was held at 10-A Alabama, which is favorite venue for arts and crafts events.





It was a two-day event and I was able to check out Day One. The first thing I checked out when I got there? This:


Hehe :) Please don't judge! I came from Makati and haven't had lunch yet. I was so dizzy during the cab ride due to hunger, and it was made worse by the cabbie's awful driving. Good thing there was food available! Luca's Corner's Five Cheese and Garlic pizza really hit the spot.

With my tummy finally happy, I went on to check the works on display and on sale. Lots of awesome stuff!

It warmed my heart see the awesome turonout at the event. Hurray for arts and crafts and DIY! Plus, proceeds will go to survivors of Typhoon Yolanda, so yay!

Calligrapher Fozzy Castro Dayrit was giving a talk when I got there.


The crowd that was gathered around them was pretty huge and I couldn't get a good spot. So I just watched an old school artist do his thing.



In fairness, ang daming naka-pilang trabaho kay kuya :) I'm super glad his kind of work was included in the event. It's a dying art, what they do.

There were some really nice stuff on sale and I bought some to display at home. Thankfully, the prices were not very steep.







Crafters Alessa Lanot and Mansy Abesamis put up a stamping station and I got myself a set of postcards that I can design. This was really fun!




I also asked Alessa and Mansy to sign my copy of the Candy DIY Book which features their works. I wish I asked for a photo when I was still looking decent and not such a sweaty mess! Gusto kong suklayan yung sarili ko sa picture and ayusin ang t-shirt ko hahaha!


There were a lot of other activities featured like film showings, craft lessons, and a live doodling session by WeeWillDoodle. I'm pretty sure Day Two was also successful. I hope they come up more events like this. Congratulations, Popjunklove!

Comments

Popular Posts