been doing some growing up

As the lack of entries suggest, I’ve had my hands pretty full the past few months. It all started when I signed on to become a 9-5 girl again, then Sloan started with school, and Mike was traveling a lot for work... you get the picture.

But it’s all good. There have been a lot of highlights, and I have been doing some growing up in terms of understanding myself more - what more I can and want to do, and recognizing the need to pace, lest I drive myself crazy.

There have been a lot of highlights and I’ll just share them in bullets. For starters, I’ve had the privilege to personally interview and write about two very interesting personalities: world-renowned industrial designer Kenneth Cobonpue and talented actor Piolo Pascual.



It was such a pleasure listening to them talk about their journey in their respective careers – the learning they had to do, the risks they had to take, the frustrations they learned to let go of, the sweet payoff for their hard work, and not stopping just yet; rather, moving forward and growing some more.

I also had the chance to travel for work. And while most days away would be spent attending to an event or interviewing people, I would always try to be conscious about appreciating my surroundings and relishing the newness of the experience and the setting.



One of the more memorable experiences was being right in the middle of the action in Ironman 70.3 which was held in Cebu. 


Seeing the racers train hard, and yet still enjoying the company and the experience; and witnessing them giving all they’ve got in competition, even if it means bearing the pain of leg cramps while racing to the finish line. 


Sports, as I always like to say, really is the best metaphor to life.

I wasn’t the only one who’s been doing some growing up and learning: Sloan is now a school boy and has been doing his own share of such!


He started school last June and is now a nursery student. Mike and I are happy to see him thrive and are marveling at how he actually really enjoys learning. We do our best to answer his questions and guide him as he makes sense of letters and numbers, among other things. I can’t believe just how fast my boy is growing.

So that’s what’s been up. I’m pushing myself to start being active with writing here again - I got lotsa stories to tell, after all! I trust that the next entry will not take so long :)

Comments

Popular Posts