rediscovering tristan prettyman

I haven’t been listening to music as much as I used to, or as I much as I should be. But one busy morning at work, I wanted to listen to something that would bring in good vibes. Tristan Prettyman came to my mind, specifically her song “Love, Love, Love” which I just, erm, love.

Tristan is the ex-fiance of my other favorite Jason Mraz. I remember even blogging about their song “Shy That Way” which was really cute and somewhat tells the story of how their love story came to be.



Then they got engaged and it was a match made in music heaven! Except they broke up. Jason apparently wrote the song “I Wont’ Give Up on Us” for Tristan.

While browsing through Tristan’s YouTube videos, I came across what is said to be her answer to Jason’s song. It's called "Glass Jar".



What a beautiful, beautiful song! Apparently she was supposed to call it “You Gave Up on Us”, like a direct reply to Jason’s song. But she decided to go with “Glass Jar” instead.

I remember that was around the time when Jason was starting to get mainstream raves, and maybe that’s what inspired the lines “you got the whole world was watching, and everyone's attention... you turned your head and you never even mentioned us...” So sad, so beautiful. I cannot even. Seriously.

Tristan also wrote a song called "I Was Gonna Marry You". In this article, she shares details about those two very personal compositions. They are so the real life Greta and Dave of Begin Again! 

But then, Tristan did end up finding her true love...



And I am so, so happy for her! Like, kamag-anak or barkada levels happy! Hahaha! Hashtag feeling close! In the end, it’s still all love, love, love.

Comments

  1. Ang hirap magka-jowa ng singer-songwriter - gagawan ka ng kanta kapag nag-break kayo. Hehe..

    Red wedding gown - cool!

    Getting married in South Africa - awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts