sloan meets totoro


Sloan has seen My Neighbor Totoro and he loves it!

We watched it at home some weekends ago, and Michael and I were surprised that Sloan actually finished the entire thing - making Totoro his first full length movie. It was a different scenario when we first brought him to a movie theater when he was three: the movie was How to Train Your Dragon 2, and 30 minutes into it, he was already asking to leave! Lol. Maybe he was weirded out by how dark it was, or maybe he just wasn't ready to concentrate on movie that long just yet.


But what makes me giddy more than the fact that he has watched his first full length film is how he was able to appreciate the simple but magical storyline of the movie. He loved it so much that we've watched Totoro five times since then! 

I also love the fact that he enjoyed something that his dad and I really love. Now he understands why we have a number of Totoro dolls and figures at home.


Now I'm looking forward to watching more Hayao Miyazaki films with my little boy. And also, visiting Studio Ghibli in Japan!

Comments

Popular Posts