throwback: mt. pinatubo trek

I was able to salvage some files from my old laptop and it sure brought back a lot of fond memories, one of which is that time Michael and I trekked to the crater of Mt. Pinatubo way back 2008. I only have the Poladroids though, because it appears I saved the original files in my iPod, which unfortunately I lost in Singapore.

But at least I still have these, right? That trek was a really fun experience and it's great to be able to look back on it. I remember how we woke up really early, traveled to Tarlac, rode a 4x4, trekked for three hours under the sun in a path laden with lahar, volcanic rocks, and streams, then took a killer stairway, before finally seeing the spectacular beauty of the Mt. Pinatubo crater lake.

It was one of the most physical things I've ever done, but it was well worth it!

 

Comments

Popular Posts