back to writing... and driving!

 
One of my New Year’s resolutions – along with drinking more water and making time for exercise  – is to write more. I do a lot of it for work, and while I do enjoy it, that’s, well, work. I’d like to write about things that are more personal to me, and I’ve decided that I’m going to try and do that by blogging at least once a week – so here we go.

Let me write about another one of my New Year’s resolutions, which is to start driving again. Save for a couple of short-distance practice drives late last year, it’s been years since the I last took the wheel. But Michael’s going to be out of town a lot for work so he couldn’t drive me to work, and while I can use Grab or Uber, it’s really just more practical to take the car and drive myself. You see, when I take the cab, I spend close to 700 bucks a day on fare alone, and that amount is almost equivalent to a week’s worth of gas.

And so, when Michael headed to Ozamiz last week, I mustered the courage to just go and do it. I turned the radio on and sang my way through the crazy traffic from Quezon City to Taguig. Somebody once told me that driving is a skill you can’t unlearn, and that it will come back to you naturally once you start at it again. I guess that’s true because I did feel quite comfortable on the road and lost the jitters fast.

But that first day back on the road wasn’t as uneventful as I hoped it would be. On my way home, an MMDA officer flagged me down for not having my headlights on lololol. I really thought it was switched on, but turned out I only switched the park lights on. Haha!

The second day, I’m happy to write, went much better. I still have to work on my parallel parking skills, but yeah, I guess I’ll be driving more now. Michael’s already excited about the possibility of napping the next time we’re on the road together. Wow, sya na ang confident sa driving skillzzz ko! Nap pala ha? We’ll see about that! Lol.

Comments

  1. Yay to driving! I must say I admire you for having the guts to drive in Manila roads! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes, it does take a great amount of courage haha! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts