award-winning

One of the many reasons why 2015 was an awesome year for me was because it was, quite literally, an award winning year.

I've written about the Philippine Quill Awards.


That was followed by a victory in the Anvil Awards, where I wrote one of the wining entries.



Then I flew to Canada for our company's CEO Awards.



We also joined the Asia Insurance Industry Awards where we submitted an entry in the "Life Insurance Company of the Year" category. This one is a big deal because it's a region-wide competition and no Filipino company has ever won the award before. I had a hard time preparing the entry because I had to gather so much information to ensure I won't leave out any important detail, and then I had to compress everything to meet the word count limit. At one point, it stressed me out so much that I asked Michael to watch Pitch Perfect 2 with me on a weeknight (movie dates are usually on weekends, and only when Sloan is with the grandparents). Of course, I wanted to come up with the best entry possible and give justice to the company. Thankfully, my colleagues Al and Jerik helped me gather details, and my boss, Ms. Mylene, guided me in wrapping up the entry.

Months later, we were informed that Sun Life had made it as a finalist, along with MetLife Japan and AIA Singapore! I was so ecstatic when I found out that I was jumping and shrieking inside my boss' office lol. The next step was an interview with our president and CEO, Ms. Riza Mantaring, and she flew all the way to Singapore to face the panel of judges.

The awarding ceremonies were held in November in Singapore, and the Philippine Leadership Team along with some of our regional executives from Hong Kong flew in to attend the occasion. At this point, all of them were still clueless about the results. When Sun Life was finally announced as the "Life Insurance Company of the Year", they erupted in a loud, happy cheer! Apparently, some of them even cried!



I wish I was there to witness the awarding myself, mainly because I want to see how the bosses reacted hehe. I was in Manila keeping tabs via text and Facebook, but hearing the story and seeing the hard work of the whole Sun Life community validated by the recognition definitely gave me such a sense of fulfillment. It is their story after all, and - cheesy as it may sound - it's a real honor to have been the one to put it into words.

Comments

  1. Congratulations again Len! You're really on the right place at the right time. Lucky them to have you in the team! :)

    By the way, I love your outfit during the Philippine Quill Awards! I find the combination simple yet so classy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts