channeling lisa


 
The fun Christmas parties we had at work last December more than made up for the craziness of the months before it. The Marketing team had a "Pop Party", wherein we had to come dressed as pop music stars.
 
It was so hard choosing which pop star to portray. I initially wanted to go with Britney Spears because her "Baby One More Time" look is very easy to put together, and also because I am a 90s kid after all. But then I felt like Britney was going to be too predictable, so I considered my other options. In the end, I went with another singing star whose music I enjoyed listening to when I was still in my teens (a looong time ago lol). I put on a black (well, black-ish gray) dress, tights, boots, and a pair of glasses, and voila! I'm Lisa Loeb, y'all!



LOLOLOL. I borrowed my officemate's guitar and lip synched to "Stay" as the music video played in the LED scree behind me. I have to say - feel na feel ko to! Obvious naman sa laki ng buka ng bibig ko lol. So much so that towards the end of my "performance", I was already singing live instead of just mouthing the words. Of course, I was probably out-of-tune as I always am haha!

What's fun about the party is that everybody was so game about dressing up and "performing." We had a Tina Turner, a Freddie Aguilar, an Ariana Grande, a Lou Bega, and a Psy among others. The actual singers in our team rendered live performances. So much fun!

 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts