why friday was awesome

round 1 of my singapore adventure is about to come to a close and i've to say it's been pretty amazing. i'm really glad i was able to do this, but for now it's time to pack my bags and head home to my boys whom i have been sorely missing. it's time to refuel with some quality time with my family.


i didn't bring a camera with me on this trip, but i've some photos to share courtesy of my blackberry and caps's iphone plus the photobooth at the mosaic music festival hehe. i'll do a photo post in the coming days; but for now, let me share why yesterday was awesome.



for starters, i got to see mark!

photo courtesy of trin (please excuse my hefty arms hehe)

mark is the cousin i was closest to growing up. he's been based in australia for many years now with his wife trin, but was about to head to the philippines for a holiday. trin messaged me on facebook, saying singapore was going to be their stopover en route to manila, and asked if i'd like to surprise mark, who didn't know i'd be here during their stopover.

of course i didn't pass up the chance! and it was absolutely worth it :)

i was to meet them at rise at the marina bay sands where they will be having breakfast with their friends. when i got there, mark was by the congee/soup section and i hurried to his side before he could catch a glimpse of me. i stood beside him, waiting for him to notice me, and when he finally did, his reaction was priceless! he stared for a while trying to place my face, then smiled upon realizing it was me. hehehe :) that was fun!

i headed to orchard after that and bought a few stuff for mike and sloan. then i headed to raffles place to pick up caps from work, and together we walked to clark quay. we met up with her sister charm at songfa bak kut teh, which they promised would make me forget the bak kut teh place i swear by in bugis. and boy, were they right! ang sarap talaga!!!

photo courtesy of capsy

after the yummy dinner, i met up with another good friend, pazette, at vivo city. we were together the other day as well (at a bar called altitude which has a really awesome view!) but the night was reserved for a movie date. it was my first time to watch a movie in a different country so that's pretty special :)


photo from my blackberry (which by the way is courtesy of my sister hehe)

i miss you already pazette! and i will miss caps and charm too, so with all the wonderful people i've encountered on this trip. can i just say i have some awesome people in my life? i really do :) and for that - and for many other things - i'm really, really grateful.

Comments

  1. wow you and pazette look great! sayang i wasn't able to be with you then! oh well, another visit i suppose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga, aslee! but yes, on another visit :) but i'm happier you had a great time in beijing! i'm looking forward to your pictures already - based on the teasers on facebook, looks like it was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts