sloan turns three: a simple yet special celebration


Similar to last year, we celebrated Sloan's 3rd birthday in a simple yet special way.



A few days before October 18, the little boy was already excited about his big day, especially at the prospect of blowing a candle and having a cake :) He got even more excited when I put up the banners I made myself three days before his birthday.


Gusto ko kasing i-maximize yung banners kaya inagahan kong ilagay hahaha! Then, on the morning of the 18th, I amped up the decorations. The color motif were red and black, and the theme was "things that go" because Sloan loves cars, trucks, and other stuff with wheels. Proud to say I did the decor and styling by myself, just like last year, though this was a simpler version :)





I didn't have a customized cake done and opted for a Goldilocks cake. Thankfully, they have race-themed designs that went with my theme. I got the mocha chiffon cake and man it was so good! I've been pretty hooked on the bongga customized fondant cakes that I've forgotten how the simplicity of a chiffon cake can be really awesome. Reminded me of my childhood too because mocha chiffon was my ultimate favorite cake back then!


The twinkle in Sloan's eyes upon seeing the house all dressed up for his birthday was absolutely priceless! He loved the decor, the cake, and the candle blowing ceremony...


...so much that we did over ten times during the day :)


We gifted him with a playset for all the Tomica cars he has acquired over the months. Not sure, but I think he likes the gift?


Hahaha!

We did a quick photoshoot and for some reason, I kept making him hold up the number three incorrectly! No wonder ayaw niya ngumiti hahaha :)


Syempre nung na-realize kong mali, inulit namin! Sloan is wearing shirt with a VW Combi design from my sister. Pasok pa din sa theme :D


A lot of people also greeted Sloan on Facebook and via SMS, and we relayed all the messages to him. I like that he now remembers names of friends and family.

Though we didn't have a party, we gave away lootbags and cakes to his playmates in the neighborhood as well as the adults like the guards, the cleaners, the magtataho, and others, because Sloan is "baby ng bayan" around here :)




The next day we had lunch with Mike's family at the mall. We also prepared lootbags for them but we left those in the car haha :) We'll bring it over to Laguna na lang.


Simple, yet absolutely special :) Happy birthday my darling Sloan! Daddy and I love you so, so, so much!

Comments

Popular Posts