cutting down on sweets

parting is such sweet sorrow... (apologies to shakespeare)
it's been a week since i decided to cut down my sugar intake. i was inspired after patty laurel announced on twitter that she was going to curb her sugar addiction by going cold turkey for 14 days then gradually introducing sugar in her diet again in lower levels.

i cannot imagine going the same route - it's a pretty impossible feat for me to totally stay away from sugar and for that long. so i made a decision to just make a conscious effort to avoid ice cream, cakes, and chocolates especially during weekdays. people who know me would understand how terrible difficult this is for me - i always, always have dessert after every meal, preferably ice cream! ...and this is why i allow myself to cheat during weekends hehe :)

i'm proud to say i've been a very good girl. when our boss brought a box of chocolates to our meeting, i didn't get a single piece. during a birthday lunch for a co-worker, i didn't touch any of the three cakes available, despite insistent prodding by my officemates. and while strolling in the mall and chancing upon an unusually not-so-crowded j.co branch, i managed to stop myself from going inside and buying a dozen. i deserve a star, teacher!

hopefully i'll be able to keep this up. i had gestational diabetes when i was pregnant and according to my doctor, i am prone to getting diabetes. of course i don't want that. plus, i am also hoping to lose weight, and i dearly hope the sacrifice will yield some results in the tummy area :)

Comments

Popular Posts